9.01.2008

Ouchie

Recap of the Nike+ Human Race from last night:

Start ~ 2.5K (~1.55mi) @ 4'38''/km = 11'35'' (~7'27''/mi)
2.5K ~ 5K (~3.11mi) @ 5'02''/km = 12''35'' (~8'06''mi)
5K ~ 7.5K (~4.66mi) @ 5'12''/km = 13'00'' (~8'22''mi)
7.5K ~ 10K (~6.21mi) @ 5'13''/km = 13'02'' (~8'23''mi)

Total Time: 50'13''
Current rank (out of 26 cities): 28940/???

Honestly, I kinda expected to do better. The Tylenol helped suppress the pain in my thigh, but halfway through the race my legs started feeling like anchors. I guess this is what I get for my half-assed training. As you can see at every 2.5K mark I was getting slower and slower. I guess my disappointment comes from knowing that the 14-year-old version of me would've whooped my ass last night. Oh well. But the event overall was pretty cool, so if they do this again next year I'll be there, and so will you. I should try to continue running regularly, but at the moment I'm in so much friggin' pain, I don't even wanna walk.

Some pics from last night:


Many many people in red.


More people in red.


More red shirted folks arriving.


Starting area.


Kanyeezy. Hardly got to see him since he started his show while half of the people there were trying to get their bags from the bag check area. I'm sure he'll be pissed if he found out about that. Haha.


(しょぼい)Fireworks at the end.

2 comments:

ila said...

otsukare~ how are your legs?

Don said...

Once school starts again, I'll have a gym membership.. maybe I can convince myself to go work out/run. If I can keep it up for a year I might have to pay some money to run for Nike.